Sunday, May 25, 2014

That's what she said.

The characters in the SmallPowers saga are quite diverse, and more than slightly strange.
Each of them have unique world-views and, for many of them, that view changes as time passes and the adventures bring new revelations. However, there are foundational attributes that reveal the inner motivations that drive each of them, and permits them to accomplish their purpose in life. That is helping save worlds from the horrors leading to the complete annihilation of universes. Non-existence is unacceptable, and they all strive to fend off the worst fates that can emerge in an infinite multiverse. This stridency can be noticed in the things they say. To that end, I have collected a list of key characters and a quote from each that illustrates this. I have also bolded the characters that star in a novel or short story, the others are supporting characters of importance.

Cindy: Stay behind me!

Squire Aresant: Don't get between the mage and the enemy!

Bella: I took them down too, in my own way.

Ronaldo: I am Ronaldo, of Faloncotte.

Sir Brendini: They didn't give me a chance, how many were there?

Manuel: Bloody hell!

Olivia: I think of the laws of the universe as recommendations.

Stella: I've been in one of those, it hurts, a lot.

Lakros: Horrid child, you should be beaten with sticks.

Grazzak: Good morning, is this an ambush?

Nepheron: Ultimate power is just the beginning.

Jake: Aye.

Goili: Come out with your hands up, or be dragged out with them chopped off, your choice.

Penta: There is evil, and then... there is me.

Hoonast: Good luck and bye!

Rock: To hell and back, it's what I do.

Beatrix: I didn't by this outfit to be out done by the wallpaper.

Rizz: Organization is the sign of a disturbed mind, and I am an expert at it.

Helmoz: They're administrators, they can't find their arses with a full committee to define what an arse is, and then they send someone else to find it.

Claire: Not in this bloody wind.

Kev: If it comes to that, I'll bring the boat-hook along with me this time.

The grand mistress: Total victory must be the sole objective of every member the Order.

Betkorn: ...lots and lots of sheep's blood.

Lorii: To battle!

Dash: After point three eight it is hard to tell the difference.

Bonny: Die more, you dick!

Ethan: Make one move and you all will regret it forever, twice.

Helga: I suggest you do as she says, she would do it, just to piss me off.

Jenny: Usually, they say 'urk'.

Fotlz and Tods: We came to kick the hell out -- All of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment